Thursday, January 2, 2014

Top Thirteen of 2013: Face, Eyes and Lips

Hello Everyone! 
I can not believe that 2013 is already over! It honestly flew by so fast. Here are my top thirteen  face, eyes and lips products of 2013. I can't wait to see everything that 2014 has to bring. I hope you enjoy!

1) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: This my everyday "go to" press powder. It does a great job controlling shine and helping my foundation and concealer stay on all day. It is also really affordable. I got mine at CVS for around five dollars and one container of this has lasted me for about six months now!Overall, you get great quality for such a low price.

2) Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer:  I got this from my international swap and oh boy how I wish this was available in the states. Lets start of with the smell: IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE. Every girls wish right here. I also really enjoy using this contouring. It isn't only glittery or sparkling so it is perfect for contouring. It also opens up like a book which I think is pretty cool. Bourjois really needs to come over to the states because they have so many great products that I wish I could try!

3) NARS LagunaIt is a very natural bronze color. It has some nice shimmer to it but it isn't overwhelmingly shimmer. The formula of Laguna is probably my favorite thing about it. It goes on so smoothly and easily. It blends really is and never leaves your face looking muddy or heavy. It gives you a healthy glow that isn't shiny. I use it all over my face or to contour my cheekbones! 

4) Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight: This lipsticks has been in multiple monthly favorites as well as my top three lipsticks of the moment post. Basically this is a perfect everyday nude color. It is easy to wear, long lasting( around 5 hours without retouches if I am not eating or drinking) and very affordable. I picked it up for around five dollars at CVS. It is beautiful nude color with a little bit of shine. I love pairing it with my NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Pink Nude. 

5) NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Pink Nude: This has been my " go to" everyday lip gloss mainly because I love how it looks over Rimmel's Nude Delight.  I also adore the smell of these glosses. They remind me so much of Capri Sun in Fruit Punch. However, the smell doesn't linger around which is great because no one wants to smell fruit punch while working or drinking coffee. Overall, the NYX Mega Shine Glosses are lovely but Pink Nude is my favorite color. This is very affordable I got it from Ulta at around four dollars.

6) Rimmel Wake Me Up in Classic BeigeIt took me forever to find this concealer! Walmart was always sold out and Target and Cvs just didn't carry it which made no sense to me. Anyways, I read so many great reviews about it and it lived up to the expectations. I love it for the bags underneath my eyes. I think it does a great job brightening up that area. I have it in Classic Beige. It has been my "go to" concealer this year. I am on my third tube already!

7) Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation by Benefit: This has been my favorite foundation this year. I actually just bought it in my winter shade. It is a medium coverage that lasts all day and does not look cakey. It actually leaves a really nice healthy glow to the face. Plus it has SPF in it which makes it perfect for the hotter months. Honestly, it is very lovely and worth a try. 

8) NYX Powder Blush in Mocha: Mocha is a beautiful rusty rose color. It contains no glitter but it's not completely matte. I find that it gives your cheeks a healthy glow. It is so easy to wear and I really think it would look amazing on any skin tone. It feels very luxurious but have an amazing price tag. I got this little gem at Ulta for around 5 dollars. 

9) Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoos by Eye StudioThese eyeshadows are my favorite cream based eye shadows. I own four colors: 35 Tough as Taupe50 Edgy Emerald, 30 Pomegranate Punk and Bad to the Bronze. They are really easy to apply by brush or finger ( I prefer to use my fingers) and they blend very nicely. These shadows leave a nice smooth finish that doesn't crease. They are also really nice bases for powder shadows if you want to get a lot of pigment out of the powder shadows. A lot of people compare them to MAC paint pots and since I never owned a paint pot, I can't compare but these are really lovely. 

10) They're Real! Mascara by Benefit: This is my holy grail mascara. It does what I use to use three mascaras to do. It gives amazing length, holds a curl and gives great volume. I love the sleek metallic gray packaging as well. Whenever I wear it, I get so many compliments about how amazing my lashes look. 
11) Woodwinked by MACThis color is a beautiful warm gold color with a bit of shimmer in it. It is probably my favorite MAC color that I own. It looks great in the crease or all over the lid and I love pairing it with Naked Lunch. It is perfect for everyday wear or for a bit of shimmer at night. Honestly, I think this is a shadow every girl should own. It would look amazing on any skin tone. 

12) Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner by Stila: These are my favorite eyeliners for my lower lash line. They come in such amazing colors and they really last forever! I own seven of them and I can honestly say I wear all the colors. They are so water resistant. I have showered with them on and they are still there after!
13) Sleek I Divine Palette in Storm: The packaging is very nice and not cheap feeling at all. It is an all black case with a huge mirror inside. This palette comes with three matte shades (a nude, a medium brown and a black) and nine shimmery shades ( a highlight color, a light brown, a dark brown, a light blue, a dark green, a navy blue, a gold, a rose pink and a dark rose brown color). The colors are amazing for everything from an everyday look to a smokey eye to a pop of color. It is extremely versatile.  They are extremely pigmented and very easily blendable.  The shimmery colors are a bit more pigmented than the matte ones but the matte ones are still very nice. I really wish Sleek was sold in the states!

I hope you've all had an amazing 2013 and I wish all of your a happy 2014! 

Lots of love,
post signature

3 comments:

  1. These are all great products, almost own them all haha :) Nice post!

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've been wanting to try NARS Laguna! :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.