Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation





Hello Everyone! 

It is impossible for me to go into Sephora and come out empty handed. About two weeks ago, I stepped into Sephora and came out with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation. I needed a new winter foundation and I was looking for one with more coverage when I came by this one. It claims to be a full coverage, last 12 hours, be buildable and blendable. I was excited to see if it lives up to the claims. 

I have it in the color light medium sand. This is a perfect match for my skin tone which  made me really happy! It comes in 16 different colors. When it comes out of the tube it looks really thick however, it feels really light on the face and is really easy to work with. I apply a little on the back of my hand and then use my Real Techniques Expect Face Brush to apply and blend it on my face. It really is very blendable and nice to work with. I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation. It is more of a medium coverage. It covers mostly everything but underneath my eyes, around my nose and my chin, I still use a concealer. It is buildable though and you can definitely get it to a full medium coverage. Below is one picture of me without the foundation and the one next to it is one with just the foundation on. You can clearly see it is a very even medium coverage foundation.

Left: without foundation                                                       Right: with foundation

I love the finish of the foundation. It is matte but not overly matte. It looks really natural. My powder, bronzer and concealer all sit really well on this foundation as well. I haven't worn it for 12 hours straight yet but with a powder, I have gone around 8 hours without needing to retouch. It is honestly a lovely foundation and I highly recommend it to everyone! 

What foundation have you been loving? 

Lots of Love, 


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've heard great things about this foundation but this is the first post I'm seeing with the before and after! It looks airbrushed and flawless! Love it

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this looks lovely :) perfect colour for you :) I just bought the NARs sheer glow and I have to say im really pleased with it :)

    Katie xx | Katies World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about the sheer glow! I need to try it. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. hey girly,
    please check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    http://rosinadiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks amazing with that on!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.