It is a typical boring Tuesday night and I wanted to play around with my make up a little bit. You all know how much I love the Sleek I Divine Storm Palette but I also own the Sleek I Divine Sunset Palette. I thought it would be fun to play with it and see what kind of look I can create with it. I also tried out my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation for the first time and I am very impressed with it. The formula reminds a lot of the Tarte Amazonain Clay Foundation which I adore and it has a beautiful finish. Let me know what you think!
Products used on the face:
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mouse Foundation in 200 Soft Beige
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Very Fair/ Light
Airspun Loose Face Powder in Naturally Neutral
Bourjois Bronzing Powder
NYX Powder Blush in Terra Cotta
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pinch Me
ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal
Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude
Products used on the eyes:
Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo in 70 Barely Branded
Yesterday, I was browsing through different beauty blogs when I came by this really cool tag on The Make Up Chair. I thought it looks so fun so I figured I would do it myself! I also tag all of you to do it as well! I feel like there are so many eye shadow and lipstick tags out there but not as many about foundation so I'm really glad I came by this one. I own six foundations and one bb cream. Here we go!
L"real Magic Nude Liquid Powder in 320 Beige
This one was hard for me but I really like the purple on this packaging and how the glass fogs up as you go up the packaging
Best Color Pay Off:
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation in Light Medium Sand
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation in Light Medium Sand
It is really easy to build this foundation up from a medium coverage to a basically full coverage with only about two layers and it looks amazing.
Best for Traveling:
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation in "Warm me up" Toasted Beige
I love this for traveling because the tube in plastic so I don't have to worry about it breaking. I am always worried that my glass ones will break such as my Rimmel or Maybelline ones!
Bare Mineral Original in Medium Biege
I just don't like powder foundation. I don't feel like they last very long plus Bare Mineral is not cheap so I regret getting it.
Best Color Names:
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation in "Warm me up" Toasted Biege
All their color names are just so fun! My favorite is probably "I'm so money" Honey and " Cheers to me" Champagne
Bare Mineral Original in Medium Biege
This was also my biggest regret. It just sits in the back of my make up drawer. I only ever use it to set my foundation but I have so many other powders I prefer like the Rimmer Stay Matte Press Powder
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 202 Nude
This is a great light weight everyday foundation. it goes on easy, looks really nice and lasts all day!
It is impossible for me to go into Sephora and come out empty handed. About two weeks ago, I stepped into Sephora and came out with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation. I needed a new winter foundation and I was looking for one with more coverage when I came by this one. It claims to be a full coverage, last 12 hours, be buildable and blendable. I was excited to see if it lives up to the claims.
I have it in the color light medium sand. This is a perfect match for my skin tone which made me really happy! It comes in 16 different colors. When it comes out of the tube it looks really thick however, it feels really light on the face and is really easy to work with. I apply a little on the back of my hand and then use my Real Techniques Expect Face Brush to apply and blend it on my face. It really is very blendable and nice to work with. I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation. It is more of a medium coverage. It covers mostly everything but underneath my eyes, around my nose and my chin, I still use a concealer. It is buildable though and you can definitely get it to a full medium coverage. Below is one picture of me without the foundation and the one next to it is one with just the foundation on. You can clearly see it is a very even medium coverage foundation.
Left: without foundation Right: with foundation
I love the finish of the foundation. It is matte but not overly matte. It looks really natural. My powder, bronzer and concealer all sit really well on this foundation as well. I haven't worn it for 12 hours straight yet but with a powder, I have gone around 8 hours without needing to retouch. It is honestly a lovely foundation and I highly recommend it to everyone!
I have always found that if I write something down, I am more like to actually keep to it or to at least try to keep to it. Normally, I write it down in my planner or one of my notebooks ( I am actually a notebook junkie). However, this year I thought it would be nice to share them on my blog. I have a few blogging goals and some personal ones.
Get a better camera: This seems like a simple goal but I feel like actually say it will make me save up better for one. I think I might ask for just money for my birthday so I can buy one. Right now, I take pictures with either my iphone or my old camera. Pictures are so important to a blog that I really want to improve on it.
Blog more OOTD and FOTD: I feel like I don't share enough outfits and face looks on my blog. Partly because I can't get good enough photos. Getting a new camera will definitely help with this and when I do I plan on doing more posts including OOTD and FOTD.
Be more consistent: I want to make a set schedule for blogging. I feel like I blog really randomly and I want to start really planning my posts out.
Make Dean's List: I made Dean's List this past semester (woot!) and I really want to make it against for the spring semester. There is really nothing better than seeing yourself do well in school.
Travel more: I feel like I get into slumps when I don't travel. I feel like I end up feeling trapped or just bored. I want to travel again maybe go to Europe, California or just anywhere really.
Lose a few pounds: I am a girl and like every girl, every year I want to lose a few pounds. I think it is more about getting active and eating better than actually losing weight. I just to feel healthier and treat my body better.
Spend less: I am a shopaholic and I also eat out a lot (college student problems). I feel like if I want to travel and get some more expensive things like a new camera, I need to start saving more and spending less.
I can not believe that 2013 is already over! It honestly flew by so fast. Here are my top thirteen face, eyes and lips products of 2013. I can't wait to see everything that 2014 has to bring. I hope you enjoy!
1) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: This my everyday "go to" press powder. It does a great job controlling shine and helping my foundation and concealer stay on all day. It is also really affordable. I got mine at CVS for around five dollars and one container of this has lasted me for about six months now!Overall, you get great quality for such a low price.
2) Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer: I got this from my international swap and oh boy how I wish this was available in the states. Lets start of with the smell: IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE. Every girls wish right here. I also really enjoy using this contouring. It isn't only glittery or sparkling so it is perfect for contouring. It also opens up like a book which I think is pretty cool. Bourjois really needs to come over to the states because they have so many great products that I wish I could try!
3) NARS Laguna: It is a very natural bronze color. It has some nice shimmer to it but it isn't overwhelmingly shimmer. The formula of Laguna is probably my favorite thing about it. It goes on so smoothly and easily. It blends really is and never leaves your face looking muddy or heavy. It gives you a healthy glow that isn't shiny. I use it all over my face or to contour my cheekbones!
4) Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight: This lipsticks has been in multiple monthly favorites as well as my top three lipsticks of the moment post. Basically this is a perfect everyday nude color. It is easy to wear, long lasting( around 5 hours without retouches if I am not eating or drinking) and very affordable. I picked it up for around five dollars at CVS. It is beautiful nude color with a little bit of shine. I love pairing it with my NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Pink Nude.
5) NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Pink Nude: This has been my " go to" everyday lip gloss mainly because I love how it looks over Rimmel's Nude Delight. I also adore the smell of these glosses. They remind me so much of Capri Sun in Fruit Punch. However, the smell doesn't linger around which is great because no one wants to smell fruit punch while working or drinking coffee. Overall, the NYX Mega Shine Glosses are lovely but Pink Nude is my favorite color. This is very affordable I got it from Ulta at around four dollars.
6) Rimmel Wake Me Up in Classic Beige: It took me forever to find this concealer! Walmart was always sold out and Target and Cvs just didn't carry it which made no sense to me. Anyways, I read so many great reviews about it and it lived up to the expectations. I love it for the bags underneath my eyes. I think it does a great job brightening up that area. I have it in Classic Beige. It has been my "go to" concealer this year. I am on my third tube already!
7) Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation by Benefit: This has been my favorite foundation this year. I actually just bought it in my winter shade. It is a medium coverage that lasts all day and does not look cakey. It actually leaves a really nice healthy glow to the face. Plus it has SPF in it which makes it perfect for the hotter months. Honestly, it is very lovely and worth a try.
8) NYX Powder Blush in Mocha: Mocha is a beautiful rusty rose color. It contains no glitter but it's not completely matte. I find that it gives your cheeks a healthy glow. It is so easy to wear and I really think it would look amazing on any skin tone. It feels very luxurious but have an amazing price tag. I got this little gem at Ulta for around 5 dollars.
9) Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoos by Eye Studio: These eyeshadows are my favorite cream based eye shadows. I own four colors: 35 Tough as Taupe, 50 Edgy Emerald, 30 Pomegranate Punk and Bad to the Bronze. They are really easy to apply by brush or finger ( I prefer to use my fingers) and they blend very nicely.These shadows leave a nice smooth finish that doesn't crease. They are also really nice bases for powder shadows if you want to get a lot of pigment out of the powder shadows. A lot of people compare them to MAC paint pots and since I never owned a paint pot, I can't compare but these are really lovely.
10) They're Real! Mascara by Benefit: This is my holy grail mascara. It does what I use to use three mascaras to do. It gives amazing length, holds a curl and gives great volume. I love the sleek metallic gray packaging as well. Whenever I wear it, I get so many compliments about how amazing my lashes look.
11) Woodwinked by MAC: This color is a beautiful warm gold color with a bit of shimmer in it. It is probably my favorite MAC color that I own. It looks great in the crease or all over the lid and I love pairing it with Naked Lunch. It is perfect for everyday wear or for a bit of shimmer at night. Honestly, I think this is a shadow every girl should own. It would look amazing on any skin tone.
12) Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner by Stila: These are my favorite eyeliners for my lower lash line. They come in such amazing colors and they really last forever! I own seven of them and I can honestly say I wear all the colors. They are so water resistant. I have showered with them on and they are still there after!
13) Sleek I Divine Palette in Storm: The packaging is very nice and not cheap feeling at all. It is an all black case with a huge mirror inside. This palette comes with three matte shades (a nude, a medium brown and a black) and nine shimmery shades ( a highlight color, a light brown, a dark brown, a light blue, a dark green, a navy blue, a gold, a rose pink and a dark rose brown color).The colors are amazing for everything from an everyday look to a smokey eye to a pop of color. It is extremely versatile. They are extremely pigmented and very easily blendable. The shimmery colors are a bit more pigmented than the matte ones but the matte ones are still very nice. I really wish Sleek was sold in the states!
I hope you've all had an amazing 2013 and I wish all of your a happy 2014!