Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Benefit's High Beam and Sun Beam



Sun Beam and High Beam

Sun Beam and High Beam


Hello Everyone!

I am currently on spring break visiting my mom in Boston. One of my favorite things about traveling is that I get to use all the cute little mini make up that I own and you know how adorable mini products are. Two of my favorite mini products are Benefit's High Beam and Sun Beam. These are two beautiful  liquid highlighters. I personally love highlighters because I feel like they just add a warmth to your face. Anyways, on to the review!

Lets start of with High Beam. High Beam is said to be a multi tasker, that it can be used as a highlighter or a illuminizer.  Personally, I prefer it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and sometimes the inner corner of my eyes and if I want a illuminizer, I would use Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit.  I would describe the color is a milky pearl pink with lots of sheen. It is not glittery or sparkly yet it gives a growing affect to your face. It looks really soft and dewy. However I definitely feel that it works better on lighter skin because it is so milky and light. I think it could look harsh on tan skin so for me this is much more of a winter or early spring highlighter.

Next we have Sun Beam which is a complete opposite of High Beam in which it is definitely more of a late spring or summer highlighter. Sun Beam is a warm, golden, sun kissed bronze highligher. This highlighter is amazing at making you look radiant and glowing. It really looks like you went to beach and the sun hit your face perfect on your cheekbones. This is definitely more all skin tones friendly. I think it would look great on naturally tan skin or on paler skin that wants to look more sun kissed.

The formula of both of these is super creamy! They go on really smoothly and a little goes a long way. With that being said, I think these minis are going to last me a very long time and honestly, I think I prefer the minis to the full sized ones because the full sized ones seem like a pain to fit into makeup storage since they are almost like nail polishes. The full sizes retail for $26 at Sephora. You can get the mini ones is different sets from Benefit. Overall, I love these both and they are definitely worth checking out!

Have you tried them out? If so, which do you prefer?

Lots of Love,
Rena 

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I've tried most of Benefit's highlighters, and my favorite is definitely the Moon Beam. It has this non-shimmery, non-oily luster, the way that airbrushed photographs tend to look. Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seen Moon Beam! Do they still sell it?! xx

      Delete
  2. i bought High Beam for xmas (self-pressie) cuz i was literally swatching it everytime i went to sephora and i still didn't have any highlight magic product. definitely worth it, i think it will last me forever ^^

    barbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love High Beam and use it frequently in the winter! After reading this post, I think I'll need to pick up Sun Beam.

    xx,
    http://lipsticksandsmoothies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sun beam looks absolutely beautiful, it kind of reminds me of a summer afternoon (didn't mean for it to sound so poetic haha!)

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the full size of High Beam and it's lasted for such a long time so the minis will last for ages! They're both so pretty.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sun Beam looks gorgeous, shame it doesn't get as much exposure as the other Benefit tints

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely selection, and great photos!!!


    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have High Beam but I really want Sun Beam x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.